I'm sending an email to my extended family this week with Passover prep info:
We are looking forward to celebrating Passover with you on Wednesday April 8 at xxpm Central Time. We'll be using Zoom - which is a video conferencing tool that will work on any computer or your smartphone. Video allows us to see each other, but a phone-only is also an option if you're feeling shy. All you need to do is click on the link a few minutes before the Seder. [The first time you use Zoom there is an extra step to install it. If you haven't used Zoom before, I'm happy to have a short call with you to show you how it works - just let me know if that would be helpful.].
Here's the general agenda:
5:30 - Get settled, say hello!
5:45 - Begin Seder
6:15 - Eat dinner together, if you want
6:45 - Complete Seder - find the afikomen, plan next get-together
What you might want to prepare in advance:
- Create a seder plate - matzah, parsley & salt water, shank bone, charoset, horseradish, hard boiled egg …be creative if you don't have everything you need!
- Also … you might want to have on hand: candles and matches, a cup for Elijah filled with wine, and one for Miriam filled with water.
- Plan a special dinner! We're planning to have matzah ball soup, gefilte fish, chicken, matzah kugel, and macaroons for dessert [link to your favorite recipes].
- Hide the afikomen for your housemates to find after the seder.
- And, of course, make sure you have plenty of wine!
We'll be using this haggadah [add your own link] … you can print it out or follow online or just listen in.